Crystal today announced the next bold journey for its new expedition yacht Crystal Endeavor, a spectacular itinerary exploring Iceland, known as the “Land of Fire and Ice,” and the breathtaking fjords of Norway.
The 10-night Journey of Vikings: Iceland & Norway will sail on September 5, 2021, from Reykjavík to Tromsø on a voyage that showcases some of nature’s most remarkable wonders and the region’s historic and charming cities.
The new sailing follows Crystal Endeavor’s recently announced inaugural series of five, 10-night Luxury Iceland Expeditions that opened to extraordinary demand with 50 percent of capacity reserved within the first 24 hours of its release.
“This new expedition caters to travelers seeking a truly luxurious experience that pushes the boundaries of wide-open space both on board and in the destinations featured,” said Jack Anderson, Crystal’s president. “Iceland and Norway are both magnificent countries of natural beauty that will amaze even the most seasoned travelers who are sure to relish the adventurous experiences throughout the journey that will only be enhanced by the welcoming comforts and elegance of Crystal Endeavor.”
The Journey of Vikings: Iceland & Norway voyage combines dramatic landscapes with colorful seaside villages and historic Viking strongholds, suiting travelers’ inner explorers and history buffs alike. In Iceland, geothermal hot springs, waterfalls, whale havens and vast bird colonies are distinctive natural wonders, while Norway’s impossibly steep cliffs, majestic fjords and passion for outdoor pursuits of all kinds are hallmarks of the country’s intrigue. Reservations open May 20, 2021.
Highlights of the new Journey of Vikings: Iceland & Norway voyage include:
● Reykjavík, Iceland – Crystal Endeavor will dock in the heart of town with ideal access to the capital city’s hubs of culture, cuisine, art and music;
● Dynjandi Waterfall – Cascading in multiple levels like a powerful veil down a cliff, Dynjandi Falls (also known as Fjallfoss) is called the “Jewel of the Westfjords;”
● Akureyri, Iceland – Offering scenic cruising of Eyjafjord and whale watching by sea, plus exploration of lovely Lake Mayvatn and Godafoss waterfall by land;
● Seyđisfjörđur, Iceland – Known for the Vök Baths geothermal spa, with Iceland’s only floating pools set on the edge of Lake Urriðavatn, Seyđisfjörđur is also the gateway to Skálanes nature reserve and heritage center, dedicated to the distinct ecosystems and centuries of settlement history in Iceland;
● Olden, Norway (overnight) – Located in lovely Innvikfjorden, this is a gateway to numerous activities and discoveries like the famous Briksdalsbreen glacier and beautiful Oldevatnet and Lake Loen;
● Sandane, Norway – A quaint seaside town that is home to the Nordfjord Folk Museum, with 44 individual houses chronicling the historic daily life in the area;
● Nordfjordeid, Norway – Home to the fascinating Sagastad Viking Ship Museum situated at the waterfront marina and the 100-foot Myklebust ship, one of the largest Viking ships ever found. Crystal Endeavor guests can access the marina and museum via zodiac landing;
● Hellesylt, Norway – Located at the head of the Sunnylvsfjorden, the town is a gateway to spectacular Geirangerfjorden and the nearby villages;
● Geiranger, Norway – The village named for the massive fjord offers guests access to the extraordinary Seven Sisters, Bridal Veil and the Suitor waterfalls. Travelers can also venture to the top lookout over the fjord via the village’s mountain road;
● Vikingen, Norway – The island’s claim to fame is that the Arctic Circle passes through it, marked by the Polar Circle Monument, and has long been an important maritime navigational point;
● Reine, Norway – Set in the breathtaking Lofoten Archipelago surrounded by picturesque mountains and islands, Reine is the gateway to Leknes, quaint and colorful with its nearly 700 acres tucked into the jagged peaks;
● Tromsø, Norway – Rich in history and known as the gateway to many Arctic expeditions, Tromsø is home to the Arctic Cathedral, a modern architectural delight with gleaming glass that reflects the icy beauty of the place.
Best Available cruise fares for Journey of Vikings: Iceland & Norway start at $13,999 per guest, including limited-time Book Now Savings of $3,000 and As You Wish shipboard credits of $300 per guest. Returning guests will enjoy double Crystal Society Savings of five percent, while new-to-Crystal guests will save 2.5 percent on their voyage, with solo fares starting at just 150 percent.
Guests who book back-to-back voyages comprising the August 26, September 5, September 15 and September 28 cruises will also receive five percent cruise fare savings. Travelers with Future Cruise Credits and Future Cruise Payments may redeem them on this itinerary. Guests will also enjoy reduced deposits of 15 percent and an extended final payment date of 60 days prior to sailing providing flexibility and ease in the return to travel.